Theme / Aims / Invitation
Revolution, Evolution and Innovation
The theme for the 2010 SIHI conference is "Revolution, Evolution and Innovation". We will look at health informatics in our region from the perspectives of policy, practice, development and research.
Some of these aspects involve radical change that is paradigm-shifting, whilst other components involve incremental transformation from organic growth or controlled pilots.
The programme will focus on topics such as:
- the effects on informatics planning and delivery from the revised NHS reforms in England
- the anticipated information strategy from the Department of Health (in particular, the continuing emphasis on 'Connect All' and the opportunities of the Interoperability Toolkit [ITK])
- advances in home telecare as it moves from small pilots to large scale operational services
- the impact of personal health records in enabling self-management for long term conditions
- latest technologies and standards for assisted living products and services.
The conference will address these and related issues and showcase recent developments that contribute to the revolutionary, evolutionary and innovative uses of health informatics.
Proposals are invited for presentations that address any of the above issues. Please send a 100-150 word abstract of your proposed talk to the Programme Chair as soon as possible. Proposals will be considered up until the time when the programme is finalised.
If you'd like to participate in the conference, either as a speaker
or as a delegate, please contact us.
We'll let you know when the programme is arranged and when registration
The conference will bring together those who are working on all aspects of health informatics, including:
- clinicians of all types
- health service managers
- system developers and integrators
- patient representatives
- social care managers
- service providers
- researchers and educators
- and others with an interest in the application of ICT to deliver better health and social care